How to rent a car in the Philippines?
To rent a car in the Philippines, you will typically need to follow these steps:
1. Choose a car rental company: There are many car rental companies in the Philippines to choose from, including international companies like Avis and Hertz, as well as local companies like Saferide Car Rental and Rent-A-Car Philippines. Consider your budget, the type of vehicle you need, and the duration of your rental when choosing a car rental company.
2. Choose a vehicle: Once you have selected a car rental company, you will need to choose the type of vehicle that you want to rent. Most car rental companies in the Philippines offer a variety of vehicles to choose from, including sedans, SUVs, and vans. Consider your transportation needs and choose a vehicle that will meet them.
3. Make a reservation: Most car rental companies allow you to make a reservation online or by phone. To make a reservation, you will need to provide your contact information, rental dates, and payment details. Some rental companies may require a deposit to hold your reservation.
4. Pick up your rental car: When you arrive to pick up your rental car, you will need to present a valid driver’s license and a credit card. You may also need to pay for the rental, any additional fees or insurance, and a deposit, if required.
5. Sign a rental agreement: Before you take possession of the car, you will need to sign a rental agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of your rental. Be sure to read the agreement carefully and ask any questions that you may have before signing.
By following these steps, you can rent a car in the Philippines and enjoy the convenience and freedom of having your own transportation while traveling.
Basic Requirements on renting a car in the Philippines?
To rent a car in the Philippines, you will typically need to meet the following basic requirements:
1. Be at least 23 years old: Most car rental companies in the Philippines have an age requirement of at least 23 years old for renters. Some companies may allow drivers under 23 to rent a car, but they may charge an additional fee or require additional insurance.
2. Have a valid driver’s license: To rent a car in the Philippines, you will need to present a valid driver’s license. This should be a license that is issued by your home country or an international driver’s license.
3. Have a credit card: Most car rental companies in the Philippines require a credit card to hold the rental and for any additional charges that may arise during your rental period.
4. Have a valid passport: If you are a foreign national, you will need to present a valid passport to rent a car in the Philippines.
5. Meet any additional requirements: Some car rental companies in the Philippines may have additional requirements, such as a minimum rental period or a deposit. Be sure to check with the rental company to ensure that you meet all of their requirements before renting a car.
By meeting these basic requirements, you can rent a car in the Philippines and enjoy the convenience and freedom of having your own transportation while traveling.
Frequently asked questions on renting a car in the Philippines
What is the minimum age requirement for renting a car in the Philippines?
Saferide Car Rental is committed to providing safe, reliable vehicles and a positive rental experience for all of our customers. To ensure the safety of both renters and vehicles, we have a strict minimum age policy in place for renting vehicles. Drivers must be at least 23 years old to rent our sedans and minivans, and 30 years old to rent our vans and SUVs. Renters who are found to be under the minimum age requirement during the rental process may be subject to additional fees or surcharges. It is recommended to check our website or contact us directly for any additional information regarding the rental process and policies and make sure to have all necessary documents, including a valid driver’s license, to avoid any issues during the rental process.
Do I need an international driver’s license to rent a car in the Philippines?
According to the Land Transportation Office (LTO) of the Philippines, foreign tourists or visitors are allowed to drive a vehicle in the Philippines for a maximum of 90 days from the date of arrival, as long as they have a valid driver’s license from their home country. It is important to note that the LTO also requires that foreign tourists and visitors carry their passport with them at all times when driving in the Philippines as proof of their legal stay in the country. Therefore, it is highly recommended for foreigners to have a valid driver’s license from their home country, a passport and an International Driver’s License (IDL) when renting a car in the Philippines, and to be aware of the 90 days rule from the date of arrival. This will help ensure a smooth car rental experience and avoid any potential issues or misunderstandings with the authorities.
What types of insurance and liability coverage are available with car rentals in the Philippines?
At Saferide Car Rental, we offer Collision Damage Waivers (CDW) coverage that covers the full cost of the vehicle. However, it is important to note that there will be a participation fee or vehicle deductible ranging from P10,000 to P35,000, depending on the type of vehicle, as long as the renter did not violate the terms and conditions of the rental agreement. This means that in case of an accident or damage to the vehicle, the renter will be responsible for paying the participation fee or vehicle deductible, but the rest of the cost will be covered by the CDW coverage. Additionally, our Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) coverage is P100,000.00 and Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) coverage is 50,000.00/person maximum seating capacity of vehicle.
How much does it cost to rent a car in the Philippines?
Renting a car in the Philippines can vary in cost depending on the type of vehicle, the length of the rental, and additional services such as insurance and driver. At Saferide Car Rental, we offer self-drive car rental starting as low as P1,800 per day and with driver starting at P1,500 per day. These prices may vary depending on the type of vehicle, the length of the rental, and additional services such as insurance and driver, but it gives you an idea of how much you can expect to pay for a car rental in the Philippines. It’s always a good idea to check with the car rental company for their pricing and any special deals or promotions they may have.
Are there any additional fees or taxes when renting a car in the Philippines?
When renting a car in the Philippines, there may be additional fees or taxes that need to be taken into account. These can include but not limited to:
- Insurance coverage such as Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI), Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), and additional insurance coverage options.
- Gasoline, if the rental car is not provided with a full tank, you will need to return it filled up.
- Additional driver, if you plan to have multiple drivers for the rental car, there may be an additional fee for each additional driver.
- Delivery and pickup fees, if you require the rental car to be delivered or picked up from a location other than the rental office, there may be additional fees.
- taxes such as VAT and other government-mandated charges.
It’s always good to check with the car rental company for their fees and taxes, so you have a clear understanding of the total cost of the rental.
It’s also important to read the terms and conditions of the rental agreement, so you are aware of any additional fees or taxes that may apply.
Are there any restrictions on where I can drive the rental car in the Philippines?
Saferide Car Rental has certain restrictions on where you can drive the rental car in the Philippines. These restrictions are put in place to protect both the renter and the rental company. Some of the restrictions may include:
- Restrictions on driving the rental car on certain roads, such as dirt roads, gravel roads, or roads that are not paved or maintained.
- Restrictions on using the rental car for certain activities, such as racing, off-roading, or towing other vehicles.
- Restrictions on ferrying the vehicle without written permission from the rental company.
- Restrictions on the renter’s age, minimum age requirement is 23 years old for sedans and minivans and 30 years old for vans and suv.
- Restrictions on the influence of drugs and alcohol while operating the rental vehicle
It’s always important to read the rental agreement and check with the car rental company to understand any restrictions that may apply to your rental. This way you can plan your trip accordingly and ensure that you are able to use the rental car within the terms of the rental agreement, also make sure to check for any restrictions on transporting the car via ferry, seek written permission from the rental company and refrain from operating the vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
How do I return the rental car when my rental period is over?
When your rental period is over, returning the rental car to Saferide Car Rental is a simple process. You will need to follow these steps:
- Make sure that the car is clean and in the same condition as when you received it. If there is any damage or excessive dirt, you may be charged a cleaning fee.
- Return the car to the location where you picked it up. If you need to return the car to a different location, you will need to get prior approval and pay any additional fees that may apply.
- Return the keys and any other rental equipment such as child seat, etc.
- Review the rental agreement and check that the rental period, mileage, and fuel level are accurate.
- Pay any additional fees or charges that may apply, such as late fees, toll charges, or fuel charges.
- Get a receipt for your return and make sure you have a copy of it for your records.
- Make sure to return the vehicle before or on the agreed date and time, or you may incur additional charges
By following these steps, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free return of the rental car to Saferide Car Rental.
What is the fuel policy for rental cars in the Philippines?
Saferide Car Rental’s fuel policy is full-to-full, which means that the rental car will be provided with a full tank of fuel and the customer is expected to return the car with a full tank of fuel. This ensures that the car is ready for the next customer and eliminates any additional fees for refueling the car.
It is important to note that the customer is responsible for refuelling the car during the rental period and will be charged for any missing fuel upon return. It is also important to check the fuel gauge when receiving the car and to note any discrepancy in the rental agreement before signing.
As a reminder, it is also important to follow all other terms and conditions of the rental agreement, such as the proper use of the car, returning the car on time, and any other restrictions or limitations that may apply.
Are there any car rental companies in the Philippines that offer one-way rentals?
Yes, there are car rental companies in the Philippines that offer one-way rentals. This service allows customers to pick up a rental car at one location and drop it off at another location, without having to return it to the original pickup location. One-way rentals can be convenient for customers who are planning a road trip or who need to travel to a different city or region.
Saferide Car Rental is one of the companies that offer one-way rentals. This service allows customers to pick up a rental car at one location and drop it off at another location, without having to return it to the original pickup location. This is a great option for customers who are planning a road trip or who need to travel to a different city or region. It’s important to confirm if there are any additional charges or fees for one-way rentals, and make sure to read the terms and conditions of the rental agreement before booking.
Are there any car rental companies that offer 24/7 customer service?
Many car rental companies in the Philippines offer 24/7 customer service to assist customers with their rental needs. However, not all car rental companies may provide 24/7 customer service, some company may have limited hours of operation.
Saferide Car Rental has customer service that is available from 8am to 5pm, but we do have 24/7 emergency road side assistance. This means that customers can contact Saferide Car Rental outside of regular business hours in case of an emergency such as a breakdown, accident or other urgent situation. This gives customers peace of mind knowing that they can get help even if something unexpected happens during their rental period. It’s important to have the emergency contact number of the rental company and to know the procedure of the emergency road side assistance to use it effectively.
What are the payment methods accepted by car rental companies in the Philippines?
Car rental companies in the Philippines typically accept a variety of payment methods to make it convenient for customers to pay for their rental. The most common methods of payment include:
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard and American Express are the most widely accepted credit cards.
- Cash: Some car rental companies accept cash payments.
- PayPal: Some car rental companies accept PayPal as a form of payment.
- Money transfers: Some car rental companies accept money transfer via bank transfer or other electronic means.
Saferide Car Rental accepts the following payment methods: credit card, cash, PayPal, and money transfers. This allows customers to choose the payment method that is most convenient for them and helps to ensure that the rental process is as seamless as possible.
Are there any additional documents needed when renting a car in the Philippines?
When renting a car in the Philippines, customers will typically be required to provide certain documents in order to complete the rental process and comply with local laws and regulations. The most common documents required include:
- A valid driver’s license: Customers must present a valid driver’s license from their home country or an International Driver’s Permit (IDP) if they are a foreign national.
- A valid ID or passport: Customers must present a valid government-issued ID such as a passport or national ID card.
- A credit card: Customers must provide a credit card in their name as a deposit and to cover any additional charges.
- Rental Agreement: Customers must read and sign the rental agreement provided by the car rental company, this agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the rental, including the rental period, the cost of the rental, and any additional charges or fees.
Saferide Car Rental also requires the above-mentioned documents for the customer to complete the rental process and comply with local laws and regulations.